Confirmation books are a hot topic in my house right now. Our oldest is soon to be confirmed, and she already has a Bible, a hymnal, and soon a Book of Concord. So what confirmation books would you add? And, since I’m supposed to purchase one on behalf of our LWML society, what are your favorite or go to confirmation books that typically sell around $10-15?
Of course, I already have some ideas. The hard parts are narrowing things down and being sure to remember all my options!
Top contenders (for a 12-year old):
- Pless’s Praying the Catechism
- Harrison’s Joyfully Lutheran
- Giertz’s Devotional Commentary on Romans
Additional quality recommendations thus far:
- The Coloring Catechism
- Weedon’s Pray, Praise, Serve and Obey
- Reading the Psalms with Luther
- A prayer journal
- Hammer of God or Faith Alone, although I think my daughter is a bit young for those
- A Bible Overview
- Will the Real Jesus Stand Up
- A Martyr’s Faith in a Faithless World
AND two of my dad’s books, Spiritual of the Cross and Loving God with All Your Mind.