Lutheran master of science & registered dietitian Serena Ball releases another cookbook today: The Sustainable Mediterranean Diet Cookbook.
Two-hundred eighty-eight pages!
Here’s the Amazon description:
Mouthwatering, budget-friendly recipes that are good for you and good for the Earth
Following their bestselling 30-Minute Mediterranean Diet Cookbook and Easy Everyday Mediterranean Diet Cookbook, food-loving dietitians and culinary instructors Serena Ball and Deanna Segrave-Daly are back, serving up delicious climate cuisine with a Mediterranean spin. The science is clear: a Mediterranean-style diet is one of the healthiest and most sustainable in the world.
The Sustainable Mediterranean Diet Cookbook is a comprehensive guide to getting the most from this incredible regimen, with 10 steps to a more eco-friendly kitchen including helpful guidance on more sustainable ingredient choices, energy-saving cooking methods, smarter storage, and food waste reduction. If you can’t do all 10, don’t worry! Making even a few of these small changes can add up to a big impact on the health of the planet.
- Tahini Swirl Yogurt Parfait with Grapes
- Broiled Halloumi with Mint Cucumber Salad
- Cheesy Broccoli and Greens Soup with Za’atar (or Any Day Bouillabaisse)
- Mascarpone Scrambled Eggs with Carrot Bacon
- Turkish Tomato Flatbread
- Falafel with Pickled Herb Spread
- Little Fishes Red Pepper Potato Cakes OR Spicy Fish Shawarma Bowl
- Smoked Seafood Farro Risotto
- North African Chicken Couscous Bowls
- Parsley Pistachio Beef Bulgur Koftas
- Baklava Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Olive Oil Polenta Berry Cakes
Each recipe includes detailed nutritional information, as well as helpful ingredient substitutions, prep tips, and time-saving suggestions. Recipes were triple-tested by real home cooks and are adaptable for gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, vegetarian and vegan lifestyles. Meat and seafood lovers will also find approachable ways to make more eco-conscious choices. With beautiful, inspiring full-color photographs throughout, this cookbook is an indispensable resource for a climate-friendly kitchen.
Yum, yum, yum!
This book is available on Amazon, obviously, but also Barnes & Noble, Target, Walmart, etc. 😀