Ladies and gentlemen, just the other day I discovered a 2019 summer Bible reading plan suitable for families of all ages. Great! I thought. Fantastic! And now I’m so excited to tell you about Book of Concord reading plans!!! Including summer reading plans!!!
Bethany Nummela-Hanel has rounded these up and I’m sure thankful to her that she has!
Book of Concord Reading Plans
- A summer reading schedule for reading Concordia: The Lutheran Confessions, A Reader’s Edition is available here, by RCF and hosted on the website, A Shepherd’s Story, run by Rev. Johann Caauwe, a wonderful WELS pastor. The schedule begins on May 30th reading introductory material.
- A summer reading schedule for other editions, including Tappert, Kolb-Wengert, the Triglotta, and Die Bekenntnis-Schriften, is here, by Michael D.Henson. This one begins June 1.
- A 40-day Lenten plan from CPH, originally available here.
- Yearly plan: I think the same Monday through Friday plan is available in both of these places. Begin any time with week one.
- Concordia: The Lutheran Confessions, A Reader’s Edition, pp. 19-22
- BookofConcord.org (I love that site) has it here, and you can request to join a daily email group! Easy as can be. Perfect. Excellent.
I’ll add these Book of Concord reading plans to my free Lutheran resources list stat!
You know what else I think? I think these make a great homeschooling resources, too, since we could have our high schoolers reading through the Lutheran Confessions! What a great impact that could have!! I’ve heard that those in junior high can have a great time, delving into the Large Catechism, which could be a natural bridge into the other documents.
Thanks again, Bethany!