Happy Commemoration of Hymnwriters Philipp Nicolai, Johann Heermann and Paul Gerhardt! 🙂 I know. You all made cakes to honor it, didn’t you. Still it’s a good day to honor the writers who came before us and have blessed generations with their powerful texts and biblical messages! Raise a glass or a song!
In more Reformational news, I’ve got a selection of Reformation videos to share with you today.
- Treasures of the Reformation
- A series of short videos just a few minutes in length each.
- Description: Using pieces from “Martin Luther: Art and the Reformation”, the Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, president of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod teaches interesting and important facts about the Reformation.
- The Luther Mile
- Two videos of medium length, approx. 20 minutes each.
- Description: Tour the cradle of the Lutheran Reformation with LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison. In The Luther Mile, President Harrison narrates a tour of historic Reformation sites. Along with historical facts, Harrison provides informative anecdotes during this tour of Lutherstadt, Wittenberg, Germany.
- New PBS Documentary on Luther
- Approx. 2 hours long.
- A Man Named Martin Luther
- A five-part series, approx. 20 minutes each, put together by Lutheran Hour Ministries. 1.5 hours total.
- Description: In this five-session series, Luther’s life and times are examined through the lens of history, religion and theology. Expanding on commentary from Rev. Gregory Seltz, Speaker for The Lutheran Hour, numerous scholars add their expertise and perspective to render an illuminating portrait of the life of this extraordinary human being.
Also a link to something commemoration-related. 🙂 Happy commemoration of hymnwriters!